Shiflet House Web Development
Hello, my name is Stephanie Elaine Shiflet. After 7 years, my husband and I finally made our final moving trip to our property in November 2019. We absolutely love this area. The views are spectacular especially sunrises and sunsets. We are members of the American Legion Post 653 in Terlingua. It is my sincere goal to help with the development of the Terlingua/Alpine area through the use of my many talents. I love to help people, bake, and do arts and crafts, among other things. I am a very spiritual person. I love Yehovah (God). I try to live my life giving honor to Yehovah, the Father, in the name of Yeshua (Jesus), the Son. May people see HIM and not me. I love discussing the Bible and Theology.
In 2002, I began building websites and working with graphics while attending college. I hold an Associate’s Degree 2008 (Magnum Cum Laude) in Applied Science (Web Design) and a Bachelors Degree 2009 (Cum Laude) in General Studies (Web Development). My transcripts are available on request.
Most of my experience is from running a small web business from 2005-2016 Shiflet House. My target clients are small businesses. I also did freelance work for Silver Web Solutions from 2004-2011. References are available upon request.
Since moving to our final destination, I have found that there is a great need in the area of internet technology, so I have decided to add Web Development to Shiflet House Services.
Please note that reasonably skilled freelance web designers make about $75 per hour. This figure can vary though, according to CSS-Tricks. Website Builder Expert estimates that the cost to design a website is $30 to $80 per hour and the cost to develop it is $100 to $180 per hour.
Hourly Rate: $25 per hour: I keep a detailed timesheet. When I stop working on your project I log off.
Deposit: $500: I require a $500 deposit for starting a new web project. This covers my hourly rate ONLY. It is not the cost of your whole project, domain name or hosting. Unused hours are refundable.
Domain Name: @$15 Annually If you have not already secured a domain name, I recommend using Rochen If you don’t know what you are doing then I recommend you allowing Shiflet House to take care of this for you.
Hosting & Email: Rates on Rochen website. If you have not already secured a hosting account, I recommend using Rochen. Hosting with Rochen gives you a custom unlimited email space to match your domain name so you look professional. If you don’t know what you are doing then I recommend allowing Shiflet House to take care of this for you.
**After14 years with Godaddy I had to say goodbye because Godaddy does not support Joomla nor the needed version of PHP to run Joomla. Also, they no longer offer free email with hosting therefore, Godaddy is NOT Recommended at this time**
Domain & Hosting Renewal: If you don’t renew on time your website will go down along with your email. After renewal is completed I will have to rebuild your site at a rate of $25 per hour. We will use the last available back up as a starting point. This is why doing monthly maintenance is so important even when there are no website changes on the front end.
Monthly Backend Maintenance: $5 monthly (optional) Billed Annually. Monthly Maintenance does not start until AFTER your site is LIVE. I check the backend for updates once a week. This does not include any frontend updates or website upgrades. All updates and upgrades, other than backend updates for software are billed at $25 hourly.
I use Joomla, a content management system. This makes development go more smoothly and you get lots of function out of it. It has a user friendly frontend admin section on it that can be used to update content. I can train someone on how to use it so that your monthly maintenance on the system and backend are more cost effective. If you choose not to update your site at all on the frontend, I will maintain it for you at my standard hourly rate.
I require one person be designated to make decisions that will be available for me to contact when needed. This could also be the person I am training on how to use the front end of the website. It is very easy and does not require any special software that doesn’t already come standard on a computer.
I RESERVE THE RIGHT
TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE
FOR ANY REASON.
What to Expect
- Download the New Client PDF form is the first step. You may send it by Email, Postal Mail or Drop it off at Shiflet House.
- After I review this document, I will prepare you a proposal that will need to be signed and dated. The $500 deposit is required to begin work. Also, at this meeting we will need to set up your domain name and hosting environment if you don’t already have one set up. I can help you with this process. I will also need any pictures and colors you wish to use.
- Design process commences. Page layout, Look Feel and Favicon are created; branding. Once approved we move to the development process.
- Development commences. Once completed we move to the testing phase.
- SEO, Search Engine Optimization is started through tags
- Social Media accounts need to be opened.
- Testing phase. You will be given login and password information. We will note any and all changes that need to be made and the site will be tested until it is satisfactory to the client.
- Go Live! Congratulations your site is now live.
- SEO, Search Engine Optimization. The site will be submitted to the search engines.
- Announce to your Social Media accounts.
- You’re now ready to start advertising your new website!
It is imperative that I know the answers to the questions on the questionaire so I can properly inquire further into your web development needs. I strive to exceed your expectations and I look forward to building your web presence.
If you have any Questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a very blessed day!
Stephanie Elaine Shiflet
SHIFLET HOUSE 51160 TX-118, ALPINE, TEXAS 79830
PHONE: (432) 371-2999