What does the Holy Scriptures teach us about Volunteering?
Here are 25 bible verses that speak to Yehovah’s (God) purpose and expectation for us to serve others. Enjoy!
1. “Yehovah is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.” Hebrews 6:10
2. “Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” Proverbs 11:25
3. “The greatest among you will be your servant.” Matthew 23:11
4. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Luke 6:38
5. “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
6. “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Yehovah’s grace in its various forms.” 1 Peter 4:10
7. “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving Yehovah. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with Yehovah’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” Romans 12:9-13
8. “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10
9. “But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.” Luke 6:35
10. “I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Yeshua Messiah, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
11. “For we are his workmanship, created in Yeshua Messiah (Christ Jesus) for good works, which Yehovah (God) prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10
12. “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for Yehovah rather than for people. Remember that Yehovah will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Yeshua Messiah.” Colossians 3:23-24
13. “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ Matthew 25:40
14. “Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon.”
15. “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: ‘They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”
2 Corinthians 9:7-9
16. “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:13-14
17. “This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.” Titus 3:8
18. “Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.” 1 Thessalonians 5:15
19. “Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.” 1 John 3:18
20. “Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
21. “Then I heard the voice of Yehovah, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8
22. “When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Master, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Master and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.”
23. “Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:28
24. “So if there is any encouragement in Yeshua Messiah, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Yeshua Messiah, …” Philippians 2:1-11
25. “And he sat down and called the twelve. And he said to them, “If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.” Mark 9:35
Volunteering Opportunities at Shiflet House
We have unlimited volunteering opportunities. We are in need of financial help, physical farm and construction labor as well as daily fellowship with like-minded believers and followers of Yehovah. Contact us for more information and application.
You are welcome to Dry Camp with us as we do not have housing at this time. It is preferable if you have an RV. Tent camping in the desert can be quite uncomfortable most of the year.
We are happy to share our Biblically Kosher meal with those that volunteer here at Shiflet House. We follow the written Word of Yehovah, not the Takkanot.
We keep all Yehovah's Appointements the best we can while we are living in captivity upon the earth.
The length of time you volunteer is completely up to you.
Current and Future Project Listing
- Outdoor Shower
- Completion of Laundry Area - We have a clothes line installed and a washing machine.
- Water recycling filtration system for Laundry Area
- Completion of BBQ/outdoor kitchen
- Store Inside and Outside Porch/Nursery Areas
- Individualized Dry Camping Spots
- Camp Dorms for Girls and Boys
- Feast and Festival Grounds
- Outdoor Stage
- Perimeter Fencing
- Additional Poultry Areas
- Cow, Goat and Sheep pens
- Enhanced Bee Village Area
- Nature Trail around perimeter of Property.
- Water Well
Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”